Re: Task 41747: new ELF special sections

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> Though if you want to list them somewhere, .rodata.* might be more
> appropriate.
> It is actually .rodata.strM.N where M is size of character in the string
> and N is alignment in bytes, so e.g. for L"abc" it might as well be
> .rodata.str4.4
> .rodata.cstN is for fixed size readonly constants N bytes in size (and
> aligned to the same size).

Thanks! this is the kind of details we need.

> BTW: more and more such sections will be added as times goes, but must of
> them are in relocatable objects only. Shouldn't LSB just speak about
> sections present in ET_EXEC/ET_DYN objects?

Good point. This may simplify things for the LSB, but it would still be nice
if documentation on these things were earier to find.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
5807 North Andrews Way                           129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.660.2500                              voice: 803.951.3630
http://www.metrolink.com/                        XFree86 Core Team