Re: POSIX Threads Compliance in LSB Test Suite

The motivation for The Open Group to make the VSTH-lite tests available
was so we can measure the difference between the current Linux
implementation and the standard. At the moment the LSB test team
is not proposing that the VSTH-lite tests be used as part of the
LSB certification tests, although they are available in the repository.

As with all the standards test suites that The Open Group has made
available as part of the LSB test program, the Artistic license requires
that any modifications leave the original test modes (for POSIX)
unchanged  , and so either a  Linux specific  test be introduced and
a corresponding Linux test mode, or a better way is to keep a list of
expected and understood test failures.  Its important to note that zero
failures in a test suite does not equate to conformance, there will always
be issues in test suites, standards, and implementations that require
a resolution process.

regards
Andrew Josey
The Open Group
(LSB test leader)

On Jul 2, 11:54am in "POSIX Threads Compli", Howell, David P wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Howell, David P wrote:
>
> > Would it make sense to just post this to lsb-discuss?
>
> Yes, I think it would. People need to see that it is important that the
> differences with POSIX continue to be eliminated. I suspect that there are
> some
> that are satisfied with the current state of threads as fixing them is
> difficult.

{bits deleted}