Re: FHS 2.2/LSB spec consistency

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 09:24:25AM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > It seems a bit odd to me for us to require certain programs but not
> > specify usage or behaviour. Any objections to these being added?
>
> Why should we document these system level programs?  IMO they should
> not be excecuted by any LSB conformant program.

It is unlikely that a program would want to call them. But we do
include the FHS specification as part of the LSB so are effectively
saying "these programs will be on an LSB compliant system but we're
not saying how to use them or what they do".

As Stuart mentioned we also have the option of explicitly stating in
the FHS chapter that an LSB compliant system does not require them.

Regards,

Chris.
--
cyeoh@samba.org