Re: Order of look-up for included interfaces

Dan Kegel <dank@kegel.com> writes:

> Andrew Pham wrote:
> > Since we received different pointers as to which standard to take as the
> > base reference, at different stages of our
> > 'documenting-included-interfaces' endeavor ; we would like to post the
> > exact order in which we look up stuffs.  First, to make sure that we are
> > going down the right path; and second, so that anyone who has any other
> > suggestion/feedback; please lets us know.
> >
> > ORDER OF  PRECIDENCE and LOOK-UP for a BASE-REFERENCE :
> >      ( for reference and compare)
> >
> >      1) ISO-C99     (pay preview)
> >      2)SUSv3   www.opengroup.org/austin/
> >      3)SUSv2   http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xshix.html
>
> IMHO it's not right for the LSB to reference any pay-per-view standard
> like ISO-C99.  ESPECIALLY as the first standard in the list!
> Can we demote ISO-C99 to be further down in the list, or preferably,
> delete it entirely from the list?

ISO-C99 is more recent than SUSv2 and SUSv3 is not released yet.
Therefore it should be the first one from a logical point - especially
since standards might conflict with each other.

It's unfortunate that C99 is not freely available but after all LSB
describes C interfaces and therefore C99 is the right standard to
use.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger