Auto extraction of names from the LSB spec sources.

As part of my lowest common denominator packaging trial implementation I am
currently in the process of building a meta package that would depend on
all the packages in the Debian Woody release that would be needed to say
"This installation is as LSB compliant as we can make it, modulo stuff
mentioned in /usr/doc/lsb-spec-v##"

I have had some success turning a list of command and library names into
the names of the packages that were used to install them.  This sort of
thing is straightforward in both the dpkg and rpm package managers.

However I want to determine the lists of files to search for directly from
the specifications softcopies via scripting.  This would allow new package
lists to be quickly and reliable generated as the LSB matures.

Right now the SGML markup does not seem to have any good indicators that
are trivially parsable as "This is the invocation name of a manadatory
command" or "this is the filename of a library".

Should we add to the markup of the spec to make automated processing easy?
What should we add.  Are there any quick and dirty hacks out there
sufficient to my limited needs?

	Albert.
--
Albert den Haan, Lead Developer @ Linux Port Team . Corel Corporation