lsbdev

Version 0.6.1 of the spec has been posted. The list of interfaces in
this version should be very close to final. Version 0.6.2 will likely show
up soon, and it will add a few more man pages that Bruce has written. Comments
can be made against either of these versions.

I have uploaded v0.6.1 of the lsbdev package to

	ftp://lsb.sourceforge.net/pub/lsb/lsbdev

This package contains the following:

	1) lsbappchk
		This is the developer tool for checking an application to
		see if it conforms to the LSB. It checks the ELF structures,
		and the list of symbols & their versions. Use this tool by
		passing the path to your application as the only argument

		# lsbappchk /path/appname

	2) lsblibchk
		This is a tool that evaluates the OS to see if it provides
		the required interfaces. It takes no arguments.

	3) Development libraries
		These libraries are stub libraries used for linking. Until
		the rest of the development process is ironed out, you can
		simply use these by adding "-L/usr/lsb/lib" to your link
		command, and you should pick these up instead of the regular
		libraries. Note that these libraries contain only the LSB
		symbols, so your link should fail if your application is using
		an interface that is not included in the LSB.

This is the first release of this package, so I expect there will be some
glitches. Your feedback on this package is appreciated.

The source for all of this package can be found in the "src/tests" and
"src/lib" parts of the cvs repository on Sourceforge.

Ralf,
	This should cover the action item I owe you.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
5807 North Andrews Way                           129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.660.2500                              voice: 803.951.3630
http://www.metrolink.com/                        XFree86 Core Team
Creative Applications Lab Chair - SIGGRAPH 2001