Re: Spec Updates

Stuart Anderson <anderson@metrolink.com> writes:

> Version 4.5.0 of the spec is being posted this morning (US time). It simply
> picks up other pieces that have been completed in the past few days, and more
> importantly, it is the first step in the process of splitting the specification
> into a common & architecture specific part. The data definitions have fallen
> out, but otherwise the split hasn't resulted in any significant change to
> the gLSB. There is a new skeleton in place for IA32, but it needs some work.
> Once the skeleton has been cleane up a bit more, we can replicate it for
> other architectures.

A couple of notes:
- Table 1.3 mentions the SOnames of the libs, those should go into the
  architecture dependend section (also in the following sections,
  e.g. section 10.1)
- Chapter 9.1 mentions the name of the dynamic linker as
  /lib/ld-lsb.so.1.  What happens if I want to run e.g. ia32 LSB
  compliant apps on ia64?  Shouldn't we make the name also
  architecture dependend?
- You didn't add my definitions for 10.3.  Almost all "What is this"
  comments should be filled in with the information I send you last
  week.
- 10.4.2 mentions "clog" as a data symbol.  That's wrong, clog is a
         function.

Thanks,
Andreas
--