Re: PROPOSAL: command line for LSB package program

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Erik Troan wrote:
> > RPM is fine -- it doesn't follow symlinks on extraction.
>
> I can't seem to find an option for rpm to extract the files in a
> package in a specific location.. does rpm have that or is one
> forced to use rpm2cpio bla.rpm | cpio --extract, and if so does
> cpio follow symlinks on extraction?

Oh, I mislead you a bit.

RPM can't do this now, but if we added it for the LSB (w/ is easy enough
to do), it wouldn't follow symlinks on extraction.

I haven't a clue of cpio does -- RPM doesn't use it anywhere (and wouldn't
use tar either).

Erik

|            "Who is John Galt?" - Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand		      |
|  Linux Application Development  --  http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad   |