Re: should not specify default group for users

I'm still confused.  On most systems whre a user's default group is
"users", all the users are members of said group.  Therefore, no one is
excluded from that group, so hpa's and my question still stand.  The way I
understand the way the bits work, is that the system basically picks a set
of bits to use on you, if you are the owner, it picks those bits, if you
are in the group it then picks those bits, if you aren't in any of the
above it picks the o-bits.  Therefore, if every user in "users", then the
group bit will effect them and the o bit does nothing (for files that are
part of group users).  My understanding of this could be wrong, and if it
is, please feel free to enlighten me.

shaya