Re: (docbook-tools) What have we done so far ?

* Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@acm.org> wrote:
>         I think we should not be that short sighted when creating a
>  standard that is supposed to have a half life or more than a few
>  months. If the standard is not designed to accomodate several hundred
>  DTD's, it is not going to be adopted.

I would still like to see how this is actually done in recent
distributions of Linux and in FreeBSD. We should compare that and see
what works better and what not. We need something to start with.

It may well be that this turns out to be a similar problem as with
software-packages. System-specific.

        Jochem