Re: Playing with the spec

> Great.  Can you explain to me how, or send me pointers to documentation
> that doesn't suck?  Most of the documentation out there describes the

FreeBSD have some good documentation on DocBook. O'Reilly have the Duck Book
out.

> abstract, computer science point of view, but it's less than useful from
> the point of view of a user who's trying to write some text and have it
> come out nicely in one of several formats: TeX, text, and HTML.

Stop. If you are trying to fix output thats not a DocBook item thats a
style sheet item. How it looks is nothing to do with DocBook nor is it
meant to be. The Gnome folks use a customised DocBook style sheet set
because they want better styles. Similarly I believe you will find
O'Reilly have a house book format set.

> documentation is complete garbage.  (Take a look at the documentation
> for Jade if you want a good example of this.  What's there is completely
> useless from the point of the view of a user who doesn't care about
> DSSSL, but just wants to get work done.)

Jade's documentation is legendarily bad.