Re: Question about Facility names

V man <venom@cibs9.sns.it> writes:

> try chkconfig --list on a red hat and see what comes out, the list is too
> long. It is normal, there is a prolification of applications and related
> sysV scripts.

man chkconfig:

--=-=-=
CHKCONFIG(8)                                         CHKCONFIG(8)

NAME
       chkconfig  -  updates and queries runlevel information for
       system services

SYNOPSIS
       chkconfig --list [name]
--=-=-=

nota bene the name, if you don't like it  you can launch ntsysv (we have
similar tools for mandrake called drakxservices) or other sysv utils
chkconfig is here only as give the information as command line.

--
MandrakeSoft Inc                     http://www.chmouel.org
                      --Chmouel