Re: PROPOSAL: command line for LSB package program

Previously Alan Cox wrote:
> Checking is important. Can we make check required but allowed to report that
> the feature is not available ?

How do you want to report that?

> Also can we have
>
> <field>:<string>
> \t<string>
> \t<string>
> <field>:...
>
> for multi-line items ?

replace \t with any whitespace and I'ld say yes.

What we do with dpkg is that if a continued line starts with more then
one space we consider it preformatted; perhaps that might be useful
as well?

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |