Re: dynamic versus statically linked libraries

>Yes, it could.  This, obviously, doesn't need to be in the spec,
>although perhaps in the rationale -- as far as we are concerned, it's
>just a detail how a certain vendor chooses to build their application.

I had the impression that it was an LSB requirement to statically link a
library if it is not in the LSB specification; however, that would not be
practical for most *PL licensed libraries.   Here are the axioms that I
understand, and #7 is causing me problems because of #3.

1) If I have an *PL or private application that dynamically or statically
links a GPL library, then it becomes GPLed.  See FSF's
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html section 2b.

2) If I have an *PL or private applicaiton that dynamically links an LGPL
library, then it retains original licenses.  See FSF's
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html section 5.

3) If I have an *PL or private applicaiton that statically links an LGPL
library, then it becomes LGPLed.  See FSF's
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html section 4.

4) If I have an LSB compliant application that dynamically or statically
links an LSB compliant library, then it remains LSB compliant.

5) If I have an LSB compliant application that dynamically or statically
links a non-LSB compliant library, then it is no longer LSB compliant
because of its dependency.

6) If I have an LSB compliant application that dynamically links an LSB
compliant library that is not part of the LSB specification, then it is no
longer LSB compliant because of its dependency.

7) If I have an LSB compliant application that statically links an LSB
compliant library that is not part of the LSB specification, then it
remains LSB complaint.

Given the axioms above, then a private (non *PLed) application cannot use
*any* LSB compliant *PLed library that is not in the LSB specifiction,
because #7 would force the private application to become *PLed.

To correct this, then axiom #7 should be dropped and #6 should allow the
LSB compliant application to remain LSB compliant.

Am I wrong?  :-)    Please help clarify any misunderstandings...

George (gk4)