Re: dynamic versus statically linked libraries

gk4@us.ibm.com wrote:

> There has been some previous discussions regarding statically linking non
> LSB compliant libraries to an application.   Is that documented anywhere in
> the LSB or FHS specs?

Regardless of whether it is or not, I believe an important matter was
that to avoid tainting itself with GPL an application must only
dynamically link to a LGPL library.

I think it was therefore said that in order for an application to not
GPL itself it should not have to worry about those libraries therefore
they should be part of LSB.

In this regard, however, couldn't the application just have as part of
its package the dynamically linked library?

Anyway hope this helps.

Cheers,
Daniel Bradley.