Playing with the spec

So I tried to build the specification from the latest tree, and ran into
the following problems:

1)  The makefile tries to copy images/* to the spec directory.  The
    problem is that the images directory doesn't exist, which causes the
    makefile to blow out.

2)  The CVS tree has source files and generated files checked into it,
    which is a bit "dirty".  More seriously, the way the Makefile works,
    it blows away the spec directory and recreates it, which means that
    the CVS directory disappears.  This causes future CVS operations to
    blow up until the CVS directory is manually recreated and
    repopulated.  Suggestion: maybe we shouldn't keep the spec directory
    checked into the CVS repository?

3) In the RawHide and RH 6.2beta sgml-tools RPM, the executable
    "sgmltools" has been renamed to "sgmltools.v1".  So the makefile has
    to be manually adjusted if you're using newer sgml-tools RPMs from
    RedHat.

						- Ted