Re: Thread deficiencies

Ted,

Very well said.   I guess I was pushing the envelope by extending that
premise to GNU/Linux applications running on other GNU systems with
different kernels or other OSs with GNU/Linux emulation where "clone"
didn't work.  I'll retract that (the other kernels & emulations, not POSIX)
to save myself additional embarasement...  :-)

FYI, the enclosed statement is on the top page at URL
http://www.kernel.org/

"Linux is a clone of the operating system Unix, written from scratch by
Linus Torvalds with assistance from a loosely-knit team of hackers across
the Net. It aims towards POSIX compliance."

Sincerely,

George Kraft IV
gk4@us.ibm.com
512-838-2688; t/l 678-2688