Re: PROPOSAL: init file actions (draft 5)

On Jun 23, 99 15:49:37 -0700, Daniel Quinlan wrote:

Hi!

> reload
>      cause the configuration of the service to be reloaded without
>      actually stopping and restarting the service,
>
> force-reload
>      cause the configuration to be reloaded if the service supports
>      this, otherwise restart the service.

What about the idea to use reload instead of force-reload and
soft-reload instead of reload? force-reload is quite long to type...

Regards,

  Markus Rex

--
Markus Rex    (msrex@suse.de)                                      SuSE GmbH

"To Infinity And Beyond! - I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist!"
                           - Flic as he mounts a dandelion in "A Bug's Live"