specification of LSB commands

I think this has been mentioned before, but I'd like to propose that we
use the standard manual page format (not troff, though -- they will be
integrated into Stuart's SGML or at least reformatted in HTML) for the
specification of commands, functions, system calls, etc.  I think it's a
reasonable format, people are familiar with it, and it let's us suck in
documentation with minimal effort.

As a hypothetical example, if we specify /bin/sh as a shell that behaves
as Bash 1.14 does, we can begin with the Bash 1.14 manual page and make
corrections and necessary changes from there.  An even better example is
the user/group commands from the shadow utilities.

The manual page format is also used by The Open Group and has been
adopted by the Austin Group revision (that also includes ISO and IEEE).
Take a look at:

  http://www.UNIX-systems.org/version2/sample/abort.html

for some examples.

- Dan