Unidentified subject!

hard coded uid/id information could be a solution.
we should consider the possibility that changes
of gid are necessary if a system must be inserted
inside of a network with other Unix as HP-UX and
nfs. i'd like i could choose, installing a package
on an older system, if i want use such as default gids,
or new gids, and then change my /etc/group.
for clusters i don't care, because usually they use
NIS to propagate uid and gid, and integration
beetwen different unixes has the conseguence that
the system manager must choose which numeration he wants
to use. the same in true for nfs in clusters.
anyway i'd prefer i do not have to use guidd for NFS.

Luigi Genoni