Re: LSB specification for adding users and groups

> > Can you be more specific about where you see the "hard" part of this
> > migration? I admit to being less than aware of all the details involved,
> > and only have a vague idea of the ramifications.
>
> Having to do a find and chown() across the entire system would take a
> noticeable amount of time, and I don't want to start doing that unless
> there is a real benefit to doing so. I'd love to know how debian has handled
> uid changes in the past.

What about binaries that have uid/gid info hard coded?  qmail used to
do this, at least (and may still, I have no idea).  Even if it doesn't,
do we need to state that LSB compliant apps *can't* hard code uids?

--Donnie

--
  Donnie Barnes  http://www.donniebarnes.com  djb@donniebarnes.com  "Bah."
   Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  879. V.