Re: Shared Libraries and naming conventions

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Erik Troan wrote:

>> 1 Get FSF to change the license... or
>>
>> 2 Fork libio.
>>
>> Do we have any other "real" options?
>
>Fork all of libc. I suspect that mab be easier then either of the other two
>options.

We at IBM are trying to figure out the impact of the exception language
you guys pointed out in libio.h

Why would libio.h be the only header with this exception?

Per Bothner is listed as the author, so wouldn't he have to be the one
to change the license under which the code is provided?

If forking libio is the option pursued, what does that mean in terms of the
resulting packaging of glibc? will there be two of them?

Thanks,

-Sheila