Re: libmail? (was: Re: /usr/sbin/sendmail specification proposal, draft 4)

Jakob 'sparky' Kaivo wrote:

> We have been playing with a few ideas to overcome this, since it is
> needed to store IMAP state information. As you said, conceptually it
> is very close, but quite annoying if you access a mailbox with a
> program that uses c-client and then with something that doesn't.

This is presumably only an issue for traditional Unix mailbox format,
right?
Could the auxilliary state information be kept in a parallel file, say
/var/mail/user.imap?  That way, you could also use the timestamps on the
files to determine if the state information needs to be regenerated.

	-hpa