Re: /usr/sbin/sendmail specification proposal, draft 4

Previously gk4@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Then is the ultimate goal to create a GNU libmta.so or libmapi.so for
> UNIX/Linux?    Could we note this in the LSB specification that this is
> what is needed for consistency, then create an LSB/GNU todo to have a new
> subproject created?

Do we really want to start a new project, suddenly announce it to be
the standard and then expect everyone to jump to it because the LSB
says so? That sounds like the best way to make it fail.. the focus
should be on documenting and standardizing existing, well-known
behaviour.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |