Re: Two mailinglists?

Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl writes:

> Just curious why there are two mailinglists. Everyone seems to send all
> their messages to both lists. Efectivly this means most of them get them
> both.
>
> IM(NSH)O this is bad practice!
>
> Why not dump lsb-spec@lists.linuxbase.org now?

Yes, it's (usually) bad practice.  lsb-spec should be used for any
discussion related to the specification.  lsb-discuss should be used
for general-interest postings (that aren't especially technical).

I recently used both lists for announcements regarding the specification
meeting, so I would reach any company/group representatives who were
only subscribed to the general list.

Dan