Re: Shared Libraries and naming conventions

At 08:17 -0400 1999-05-31, Dale Scheetz wrote:
The first respondent admitted that it is a problem with one breath, and
then said that since gcc is the _only_ compiler you can build glibc
with, that the problem isn't as bad as it seems (gag me with a spoon).

That's because if you link with glibc, you are linking both with libio and "files compiled with a GNU compiler".

I do agree this is a problem, but there's no need to immediately assume it is some FSF conspiracy.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)       <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>
Debian Package Maintainer for the GNU C Library.