[PROPOSAL] additions to cron jobs specification

I'd like there to be a way to specify that a particular job be run by
anacron or a similar facility if it is "missed" because the machine
was down at the time the job is run.  We could do this either via a
mode bit (the sticky bit) or via a configuration file.  If people like
the idea of using the sticky bit, we could say:

 - If an executable in /etc/cron.<period> or a configuration file in
   /etc/cron.d has the sticky bit set, the base system shall run the
   cron job after the system is booted if the cron job was missed
   because the machine was not running.

Next, we should explicitly mention that multiple lined files are
allowed for /etc/cron.d/<package>.

Finally, we should make a statement about the timing of jobs run in
/etc/cron.<period>.  What exactly does "daily" mean?  Does it mean
once per day, or does it mean every 24 hours?

Dan