proposed resolution of 5.7-1(A), /var/mail

hi All,

Assuming we can (finally) close this issue as proposed by Alan Cox, attached
is my proposed resolution to the comment raised against the
LSB-FHS test specification.

@ 5.7-1(A), /var/mail

Shouldn't this be /var/spool/mail with an optional symlink from /var/mail?

Reviewer Response:
[*** ACCEPT with modifications -
The FHS 2.0 explicitly states that the mail directory be
/var/mail however concerns have been raised with the specification, and this
issue will be fed back to the FHS owner.  The concensus position for
the LSB is that /var/mail and /var/spool/mail should both point to the
mail spool area, if the system supports it. Note for test strategy: It is
undefined if these are symlinks, links or directories.]

Note that I have sent all the other issues we have identified with the FHS2.0
specification to Dan for consideration in the next revision of the FHS.

regards
Andrew