Re: more comments on 02-Nov-1998 draft (Table 6-3 plus...)

Andrew,
	I really appreciate you're review of the document. I am making most
of the changes you suggested. I looked into errno a bit, and the _binary_
definition should definitely be different.

I belive that the following is what is needed:

extern int *__errno_location();

#define errno (*__errno_location ())

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Andrew Josey wrote:

> Reference: errno definition
> http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/spec/chap0614.html
>
> Problem: I'm not sure what the format of this spec denotes, but
> don't think we want to define error as
> int errno; as that precludes threaded implementations
> that define it as a modifiable lvalue returning an int.
> The latter definition  is also consistent with ISO C and with POSIX.1-1996
>
> Action: consider clarifying the requirement

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
4711 North Powerline Road                        105 Fox Ridge Run
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.938.0283                              voice: 803.951.3630
fax:   954.938.1982                              SkyTel: 800.405.3401
http://www.metrolink.com/