Re: [Lsb-appbat] New nALFS features

On Thursday 12 September 2002 13:02, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

> The harder problem is that it doesn't apply everywhere
> in the tree, I can't do this without getting bitter
> syntax errors:
>
> <cond test="arch">
>   <ia64>
>     <!ENTITY lsb_dynlinker "ld-lsb-ia64.so.1">
>   </ia64>
>   <xxx>
>     <!ENTITY lsb_dynlinker "ld-lsb-ia64.so.1">
>   </xxx>
> </cond>

entities are parsed outside of the xml.  Think of it like a compiler.

read entities (i.e. run precompiler)
parse xml

as i commented in another thread, xml is static, forcing a dynamic nature will
require more work.  What will likely have to happen is a lsb_dynlinker_ia64
entity and in the code where the entity is used you could wrap in it <cond>.

<cond test="arch">
    <ia64>
    &lsb_dynlinker_ia64;
    </ia64>
    <default>
    &lsb_dynlinker;
    </default>
</cond>

Yes, it is ugly.  But the only other choice is a real precompiler which writes
out entities which the xml parser then uses.