SI questions

I've got a built LSB-si for Itanium. It's using
gcc 3.1 and binutils 2.12.1.

I've run the 1.1.9 testsuite against it, with
quite a lot of failures; but it seems roughly
comparable to what I see for an SI built from
the same sources on ia32.

Before we gather today, some questions/comments from that

- bin86 won't build.  Why is bin86 even in this?

- MAKDEV doesn't make /dev/shm - at least that's
  who I presume needs to make that.

- is it our plan to turn the SI into a "certified
  implementation"?  That sounds like a lot of
  work, based on the test results I've seen.

- if the SI is to be used to host (for testing)
  applications such as Samba and rsync, it's going
  to need a bit more networking support - at the
  very least, /etc/services and /etc/protocols
  ought to be provided.

- since /etc/install_initd and /etc/remove_initd
  are in the spec, they need to be provided

- how are we going to get the X libraries into
  the SI?

Mats