RE: SI packages

(there was a problem with an address that I didn't notice,
this is a resend)

> Is there even a (real) version of posix available for
> reading?

Sure, all you have to do is pay IEEE some money... (sigh).
The very latest version of Posix 1003.1 is the same as
the SUSv3, and you can get to that online by registering
on The Open Group's website, but that's a "future spec",
the LSB is not based on that version.

> Does one have
> to read 4 standards just to implement an LSB system?

To correctly implement one, this is almost true.
But I still think we get plenty of mileage from
"run the tests and see what fails". It would be
better if we had 100% test coverage of the commands
as well as the interfaces, but we're not there yet.

The LSB does not include /everything/ from the base
specs, so the answer to the other question:

> Because POSIX defines a function or binary must it be included?

is no.