(impl) phase 4 sharing

Don't know too much about nALFS, is there
a way to have an entity have a different
value at different times?

Say I have this:

<!-- Directory in which LSBsi will be built and installed. -->
<!ENTITY LSBsi-phase4a "/usr/src/build/lsbsi-test">
<!ENTITY LSBsi-phase4b "/usr/src/build/lsbsi-boot">
<!ENTITY LSBsi-phase4c "/usr/src/build/lsbsi-uml">

But I'd really like to define an LSBsi-phase4
that takes one of those three values, based on
which phase I'm running in, so that a package
that might be needed for all three phases could
have a single xml file referencing LSBsi-phase4,
and work right in all three contexts.

Is something like that possible, or is it a completely
static setup - you read in and parse the whole
xml-shebang and things can't change values?