Re: ncurses c++

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> in the si itself nothing.  But there are plenty of C++ apps using curses out
> there.

Until we explicitely add the C++ bindings, they don't _have_ to be in the SI.
Arguably, they should _not_ be there until such time.

> More importantly, the C++ bindings have been shipped with ncurses for a long
> time so they are assumed to be there.  I believe this is part of the reason
> why they were missed by the LSB.

That, and the fact that general support for C++ is not yet in the LSB. 8-)

                                Stuart

anderson@freestandards.org                                Free Standards Group
Lead Developer, Written Specification                     Linux Standard Base