I've just finished running the ia64 binary 1.2.0
test suites twice against the latest LSB-si for ia64
(it's the same build as was used for the ia32 results
generated last week, but I hadn't had time to test
this on Itanium).

Run #1 was with a 2.4.9 kernel that comes with the
distro, run #2 with a 2.4.18 stock kernel, with the
June patchset plus the "known" LSB patches applied.
#2 took care of 13 fails and unresolved observed with #1
(with no regressions).

Here's the question:

For both runs I have six fails in the LSB.os exec
tests, one each for exec, execle, execlp, execv,
execve and execvp, testcase 7, with this diagnostic:

	/tset/LSB.os/procprim/exec_L/T.execl_L 7	Failed

		Test Information:
	For ITIMER_REAL: it_interval.tv_usec reset incorrectly by exec:
	expected value 10000; observed value 10736
	For ITIMER_VIRTUAL: it_interval.tv_usec reset incorrectly by exec:
	expected value 20000; observed value 20496
	For ITIMER_PROF: it_interval.tv_usec reset incorrectly by exec:
	expected value 30000; observed value 30256

The numbers are always the same - i.e., over two
runs I saw this same set of three "incorrect" values
12 times with no variation.

What should I read into this?

As an FYI, there's also a set of six unresolveds from the
same tests, in this case test case 1:

	/tset/LSB.os/procprim/exec_L/T.execl_L 1	Unresolved

		Test Information:
	deletion reason - unexpected child status
	expected action: process exitted - exit code 1
	observed action: signal 11 terminated process