Re: LSB-si: ncurses with gcc 3.1

Yo,

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 09:04:38AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> I had not made much noise until it was actually working.  Gerard knew.

Ahhh. ic.

Yes, Gerard had mentioned that he had been contacted and had a meeting
with the LSB, and that they had been interested in using LFS as a base.

However, after a while he had mentioned nobody had actually gotten back
to him after the initial meeting.  Given how busy both of our lives can
get, the topic of LSB using LFS sorta got lost.  So the impression I was
left with, was that he didn't quite know if you guys were going to go
this way or not.. just that you were interested.

He was as surprised as I was when I had mentioned what I had found out.

Anyways...

> Please take a peak at the LSB cvs.  There is some interesting reworks in there

Yeah.  I had taken a quick look a while ago.  I had though those XML
profiles looked familiar.  And i'm quite interested in helping out.

We knew at the time that LFS *could* be used to implement a base,
however the default was totally overkill and was not exactly what you
guys were looking for.  We had been planning to tailor it to your ends,
thou it looks like that process has allready started.

I'll have to take a more serious look at how you guys are presently
creating the SI and what the exact requirements are.  From what little I
have seen however, some of the recent additions in CVS, the way we now
build, may be quite helpfull.

Anyways.. I have some ideas, however I think I should get myself a
little more imformed first :)