Re: Testing Results for LSB Sample Implementation 1.1

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for running the tests with the sample implementation on
various distros. This is very valuable feedback and I will
address this with an update soon.

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 10:29:07AM -0600, Marvin Heffler wrote:
> In summary, I think the latest version of the sample implementation is in
> pretty good shape. It just needs a little polishing to avoid nuisance

Well, some more polishing that is needed is documented in the BUGS
file that comes with the sample implementation. I will add your
comments/findings to the BUGS file to be able to track it and
will start addressing these BUGS with updates to the released
sample implementation.

> warning messages about groups and users missing on a system. Additionally,
> a little more investigation should be done to determine why the rpm on
> Redhat can't handle "--depends".

You probably mean "--nodeps", because this is the switch I use and
this is the very strange thing that RedHat's RPM complains about
dependencies when called with the "--nodeps" parameter where it
should really not complain about any dependencies. I have
informed Matt about it and he promised to forward this to
the RedHat engineers and/or take a closer look into it.

	Ralf