Re: Testing of lsbdev and sample implementation

Stuart Anderson writes:

> > So assuming it can,
> >
> > - If the dependency is a library, is it expected to link statically? I guess
> > there's no way of know that library is there or declaring a dependency so I
> > would assume you have to go static.
>
> Correct. Static linking removes the dependency at runtime (ie becomes part of
> the application itself).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you're also allowed to
dynamically link as long as you supply the shared library with your
package (to be installed in the /opt/<package_name> hierarchy.

Chris.
--
cyeoh@au.ibm.com
IBM OzLabs Linux Development Group