RE: Question About Becoming LSB Certified..?!

> If standards compliance isnt easily and freely accessable, do
> you think the LSB can (or should) become a standard ?

Compliance *is* easily and freely accessible - today.
We're about to update the Testing FAQ with the patches
needed to make a glibc 2.2.5 + kernel 2.4.18 "sample
implementation" (built from upstream tarballs + very
minimal patches) pass all the tests. All the "sample
implementation" bits are available in the LSB CVS
tree (see www.linuxbase.org and follow the links to the
CVS tree). The sample is built following the model of
the Linux From Scratch project. The current FAQ already
has most of what's needed to achieve this goal. Current
CVS glibc plus kernel 2.4.19 already incorporates nearly
all of the small set of patches needed relative to
glibc 2.2.4 + kernel 2.4.18. We continue to try to push
the required patches back to the upstream maintainers.

The certification logo is just a step further, designed
to give confidence to those folks that need the extra
reassurance of an independent impartial audit of the
compliance claims. That extra step consts some money
to achieve.