Re: [lsb-futures] Re: Configuration File Spec part of LSB?

Don Hoover wrote:

--- Matt Taggart <taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com> wrote:
as a former hpux user I have used rc.config.d and agree it's nice.
About rc.config.d ... I don't know if this may be applied to Linux.

I prefer, to be conservative and does not touch actual rc ... rc.d (SysV).

Thanks,
Giovanni.

Sound OK?
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation

Sounds fine..
I am a professional Unix admin with about a decade of
experience at a fortune 50, have been using Linux
since the early 90's and feel pretty strongly that
Linux is a little too tied in the "old school" unix
way of doing things, and it's find for us that can use
vi in our sleep and often do.. but I just think that
this is silly to keep these bad habits of hapazard
storage of os config...
I will try to get involved the best I can.

-Don

=====
---
Don Hoover
dxh@yahoo.com

 Future Technologies, The TOTAL Linux Company!

  http://www.futuretg.com
  ftp://ftp.futuretg.com/
  mailto:gorlando@futuretg.com

  Italia:                          USA
  Via Cairoli, 1                   1620 26th Street - 3rd floor South Tower
  33170 - Pordenone (PN)           Santa Monica - CA

  Telefono: +39 0434 - 209 107.
  Fax:      +39 0434 - 209 510.

	http://www.FTLinuxCourse.com -  The best training product ever made!
	http://www.futuretg.com/FTOSX - The best Operating System ever made!