Re: extension of lsb packages

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:37:34 -0800
"Wichmann, Mats D" <mats.d.wichmann@intel.com> wrote:

> Been done, and failed. IEEE 1387.2-1995 was such an effort.
> Someone told me the standard is now formally withdrawn.

Good.

This standard was basically HP's package system. We looked at supporting it for Red Hat back in 1995, but it really ignores the packaging issues open source raises, and didn't specify much of a way to build packages at all, iirc.

Erik

|               "Distracting? I'm inspiring"                                |
|                              - Sally Bowles in Cabaret                    |