Re: Application compliance vs conformance

George Kraft IV wrote:
> "John R. Daily" wrote:
> >
> > Comparing the definitions of compliant and conformant
>
> It looks like I failed to pass along a piece of critical information to
> everyone.  The FSG board did not like the ambiguity of conformance versus
> compliance; therefore, we have canned "LSB Conformance" and have revitalized a
> more stringent "LSB Certification Pilot" that will have a definite start,
> middle, and end.
>
> http://www.linuxbase.org/test/pilot/
>
> In short, we now have:
>
> 1) LSB Certification Pilot (runs until there is an actual certification program
> with policies, procedures, terms & conditions)
> 2) LSB Certification (third party testing)
> 3) LSB Compliance (self test)

While visiting http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/ I noticed that The LSB 1.1 is
Final yet the definitions still include the compliance/conformance
ambiguity.  Are the definitions going to be updated to reflect the
change in terminology?

Michael Schultheiss             Progeny Linux Systems, Inc
E-mail: schultmc@progeny.com    http://www.progeny.com