Re: LSB1.1: /proc/cpuinfo

> I disagree with this request.  Files like /proc/cpuinfo are very helpful
> for autoconfigurastion and cluster management.  LSB's constituency would
> be better served by more such information, not less.

The question is whether programs should be parsing it. Right now glibc
relies on it for certain things. We need /proc/cpuinfo if only for back
compatibility. Documenting it has the disadvantage people will try to parse
it, while not documenting it has the advantage that it can be provided to
the pet human which generally has better error handling.

Alan