LSB1.1: /proc/cpuinfo

LSB> /proc/cpuinfo
LSB>
LSB> This file is a text file that contains information about one or more
LSB> processors. A blank line seperates the information for each processor.
LSB> Each processor is described by an unordered set of lines. Each line
LSB> contains a key followed by a seperator followed by a value. The key may
LSB> be any combination of alphanumeric, underscore, and space characters.
LSB> The seperator is a tab followed by a colon followed by a space ('\t: ').
LSB> The format of the value is defined below, and in architectures-specific
LSB> LSB specifications.

This differs from current practice on some Linux architectures, e.g.
PowerPc, ARM or Sparc/SMP.

Also /proc/cpuinfo is one of the abuses of the Linux /proc filesystem
that might be removed in the mid-term timeframe (e.g. Linux 2.6).

Please do not document anything in /proc besides the per-process
information.

	Christoph

--
Whip me.  Beat me.  Make me maintain AIX.