Re: FHS questions

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 02:36:40PM -0600, Matt Taggart wrote:
> The FHS says, "... please do not send mail to the mailing list without first
> contacting the FHS editor or a listed contributor." (note: I did *not* cc this
> message to that list) If that's the case is there somewhere I can ask
> questions and discuss things with the maintainers?

I know that much of that discussion has happened on the lsb-discuss list
as well, but I'm not to familiar with the fhs-discuss list. Someone else
might have to field that one. You might try emailing quinlan@transmeta.com
directly.

> http://www.pathname.com/fhs/
>
> Is this the canonical location? If so can it be added as an interim solution
> until the whole thing can be incorporated?

Yes, this is the spot for FHS currently, although as of this morning I
can't seem to get a response from the HTTP server there.

> - The FHS devel site http://netfilter.filewatcher.org/fhs/ appears to be down.
> Is this  known and is anyone fixing it(or has it moved)?

AFAIK, this is deprecated in favor of the pathname.com/fhs site.

Hopefully, we'll get this all to a freestandards.org location soon, so
that this is on our own servers. I'll look into the mailing lists as well.
You're right, this does seem somewhat scattered now...

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org> | http://dtype.org/
FSG <dtype@freestandards.org>    | Linux International <dtype@li.org>