From: Daniel Quinlan <quinlan@transmeta.com>
To: lanana-discuss@freestandards.org
Cc: quinlan@transmeta.com
Subject: creating a LANANA workgroup
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:27:43 -0800 (PST)

M. Drew Streib writes:

> This list is now in operation, and is the delivery mechanism for this
> message.

Thanks, Drew.

I'd like to get started on turning LANANA into a workgroup, perhaps even
finishing as soon as our Jan 7 board meeting.  I know this is a busy
time of year for everyone, so that may not be entirely feasible to
finish before February, but we certainly can get started.

I will be forwarding this message to LSB, FHS, and maybe a few other
Linux standardization mailing lists so any interested parties can join
the lanana-discuss mailing list by going to:

As far as the official documentation required to create the workgroup
goes, http://www.freestandards.org/policy/fsg102-newworkgroup-draft.txt
is a good place to start even though it's not quite official policy yet.
We can generate a "FSG102" document with these sections:

  FSG102-1 PROBLEM DECLARATION AND SOLUTION ABSTRACT
  FSG102-2b TECHNICAL GOALS OUTLINE
  FSG102-3a CORE PARTICIPANTS LIST
  FSG103-3b TASK OUTLINE

We should include decision-making policy and the overall process.

If you have any questions or comments about the policy draft, please
direct them to Drew Streib <dtype@freestandards.org>.

- Dan