Re: Files modified by programs

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, David Nicol wrote:

> Phil wrote:

> > > these could be worked around
> >
> > how ?
>
> You might have to patch the application that uses the file.  Flag files
> could be tested for readability rather than existence, for instance, or
> tested for existence with a follow-symlinks option.

That is exactly the point ! I can patch everything without any problem
on my machine.
But my dream is that everybody fix his own stuff so that everyone can have
a read-only /etc out of the box.
And for my dream to become real, I need to patch LSB ;)
Well, at least I'm trying hard ;)

Cheers !

--
Philippe Biondi <pbi@ cartel-info.fr>   Cartel Informatique