Re: (REPOST) user-specific package configuration information

Please, let's try not to be taken by the maniacal temptation
to standardize what is already  well insered inside
of the Unix philosophy.
There is no need that all the application running on every Unix out there
and using ~/.- files, (and maybe shring them with other applications),
should work differently with Linux.

No developers will accept to change the code for an imposed standard while
all the other Unix are properly working.

Also the user should be ordered inside of his account,
but in Unix .- files have been invented also for user level
configuration purpose. This was the unix standard
as it was intended to be.
It worked.

Actually there is the tendency not to remember this.
But if i am developer of an
application that is whidelly used since 15 years using a ~/.- file for
configuration purpose, be sure, at less
i will be very reluctant to change this just forLinux, and
seeing all the other Unixes keeping
the good old way of doing things.

Luigi Genoni