Re: Packaging and installation spec wording

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Anthony W. Youngman wrote:

> Just because it's common that doesn't mean its the best. It also stifles
> development - look at all the flame wars in the past. Okay, I'm beating
> my own drum here, but we want an EXTENSIBLE API, not a frozen-in-stone
> program.

We are explicitely not specifying a program. We are specifying the format
of the .rpm file. You can create it using whatever mechanism you wish, and
your distribution should install it using whatever mechanism is available.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
5807 North Andrews Way                           129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.660.2500                              voice: 803.951.3630
http://www.metrolink.com/                        XFree86 Core Team
Creative Applications Lab Chair - SIGGRAPH 2001