Re: A test of the -L flag for appchk

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Matt Wilson wrote:

> Some interesting output when I try to make scanimage pass appchk (just
> as a test of the -L flag):
>
> [msw@asok appchk]$ ./appchk -L /usr/lib/libsane.so.1 /usr/bin/scanimage
> Adding symbols for library /usr/lib/libsane.so.1
> Section .rel.data: sh_flags is wrong.   expecting 0, got 2
> Symbol isfdtype used, but not part of LSB
> Symbol ___brk_addr used, but not part of LSB
> Symbol __strndup used, but not part of LSB
> Symbol __curbrk used, but not part of LSB
> Symbol vsyslog used, but not part of LSB
> ./appchk
> DT_NEEDED: libsane.so.1 is used, but not part of the LSB
>
> ---
>
> This may just be a case of "libsane uses non-lsb symbols"...

That looks like what this is.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
5807 North Andrews Way                           129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.660.2500                              voice: 803.951.3630
http://www.metrolink.com/                        XFree86 Core Team
Creative Applications Lab Chair - SIGGRAPH 2001